Sunday 20 January 2013

Foodie finds


Hi All,

So I'm meant to be on a bit of a health kick at the moment... but fear not, today's blog is not going to be all about various health foods or counting calories.  Luckily, my health kick is a Sunday to Thursday only thing!!
Instead, I want to share with you a few of my latest foodie finds, as all you think about when you are cutting down is food.
I felt I ought to kick off with one of my Favourite breakfast cereals of all time... Lucky Charms!! I was devastated when they stopped selling them in England and used to beg any friend or relative who was going to America to bring me a box back.  However, with the introduction of an American section at our local Tesco, I am pleased to announce their return.  At £5 a box they aren't cheap, but a lot less than at the American import sweet shops that have been popping up lately,

Awesome sugary cereally goodness in a box


My next wonderful find is again an import.  A few years ago, myself and a friend had a fun filled and eventful 3 week trip to China where we met a lot of lovely and interesting people.  We ended up invited over to the UNESCO city of Suzhou by a girl we met in Shanghai whilst asking for directions!  Whilst there, she took us to a cafe for lunch where we ate pork soup dumplings.  These little Dim Sum style dumplings differ to normal Chinese dumplings as they come with a small filling of soup that surrounds the meat.   I loved them and have searched for them on every Chinese restaurant menu I have been to, but to no avail.
I finally found them last weekend whilst helping my flatmate look for edamame beans in a Chinese supermarket.  I was so excited I bought a couple of packs, a new bamboo steamer to steam them in and of course I needed chopsticks to eat them with!
Ive had them a couple of times but still cant eat them without the soup pouring out!



This weekend has also been no exception when it comes to gorging myself, but when you have been treated to afternoon tea as a gift, you can hardly say no!  This weekend myself and a friend had a spa day and afternoon tea.  We used the spa and facilities at Virgin active to have a relaxing morning of massages, sauna, Jacuzzis and steaming and followed it up with a lovely afternoon tea at Radisson Blu hotel.  We were treated to a selection of sandwiches, mini cakes and pastries, tea and scones with lashings of clotted cream and jam.

Mmmm, I could get used to this way of life!

Now, I must sign off this post as Mikey has said he will treat me to my tea at our local... Well, I need to make the most of my weekend off from calorie counting he he!
 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. Look forward to hearing from you :)