Monday 7 January 2013

A reflection on 2012

Happy new year everyone,


This may be a little bit of a self indulgent post but just wanted to reflect upon the good things of 2012 before it becomes a distant memory...

Firstly it was the year of five weddings...
  Liz and dave

Pri and Del


Lindsey and Sean

Lindsey and Mike



Chip and Goof


Two
births....


Amelie


Milo



and thankfully no funerals :)


Me and mikey reached the landmark that is one whole year together!!!



    Then we had dinner club does Marbs...

...and met James Jordan of Strictly Come Dancing fame!

Had a wonderful holiday doing a European city hop firstly in Paris...


sampling snails for the first time,

then on to Amsterdam...


now one of my favourite cities in the world, we spent a lovely few days cycling round on our Dutchie vintage style bikes (I called mine Princess Beatrice!),

we then went to Bruges...


ate chocolate and drank lots of Belgian beer and finally took an overnight train through to Copenhagen. It was a fabulous 10 days of my life.



Enjoyed our patriotic summer with the jubilee and Olympics/Paralympics, in fact I became totally obssessed with the olympics and thought I wouldnt be able to cope without it on the TV.  I was lucky enough to get tickets to go and see the Paralympics too.  I was totally in awe of the Olyimpic Park and all the fantastically gifted atheletes.









It was our year of starting the good life...


Unfortunately, in true Good life style most of our veggies got eaten by slugs :(




I turned 30!!  however, that did mean that I got a wonderful gift... Bobby my new Bobbin Birdie bike.

Isnt she beautiful!!

and I had a lovely birthday party in the park that involved a game of rounders and giant jenga.


My third and final holiday of the year was spent in fabulous company at a friends house in the south of France lots of pool time and beer pong... bliss.


Another highlight of the year and not one to be overlooked, (as you all probably know by now im a massive fan of Harry Potter), my trip to Warner Bros. Harry Potter studio tour with my sister!!



All in all I have had a fabulous year with brilliant friends and family and have lots to look back on and be thankful for and this blog is my thank you.



Heres hoping 2013 will be as much fun x x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message. Look forward to hearing from you :)